By: J. Mason
Online Career Tips Staff
Leave it to one of my favorite blogs, Lifehacker, to have an inspiring post the week after a long weekend.
You know the feeling, you’ve had a few days off to let loose and forget about work, but now you’re back and wishing you had just one more day. Don’t worry, you’re not alone and the feeling happens to most of us, it’s finding ways around it that make the first day back productive and bearable.
[related post: Focus on Yourself]
- Starting the first day back with a good breakfast
- Get started early
- Plan out your week
- Start out with small things
- Tackle email in terms of priority level
- Get a double – For this I mean double shot in your morning drink. Splurge an extra dollar to make the morning a bit more special.
- Eat healthy, and snack often – Don’t eat when you get bored, eat something healthy and give yourself a break! Some of us barely make time to use the restroom or get up from our desks. Make sure you get up, get a snack and take a real break.
- Set goals for the day – Setting up for the whole week can be a bit daunting. Start out by planning your day, and work in a few personal work projects you’ve been craving to finish.
- Take a lunch break – Get out of the office for an hour. Call up a friend or chat over Facebook about your weekend. Get it out of your system! It’s great to relive things but don’t dwell.
- Let out the creative side – Depending on your job you may already do this on a daily basis. Letting the creative brain work on tasks can also help in freeing up some tension and apprehension about the work week.
Ready When You Are
At American Public University, students are priority one. We are committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the university continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality.