Posted on 26 January 2011.
Overcoming Uncertainty and Meeting Compliance Standards by Empowering Individuals
Join American Public Univeristy and Maritime Professional on Wednesday, February 16 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. ET to discuss maintaining a healthy bottom line with other maritime professionals.
Maritime stakeholdersÂ face complex day-to-dayÂ challenges. Maintaining a healthy bottom line in the face of a myriad of regulatory, environmental, and operational risksÂ has become “Job #1″. Preventing the loss of vessel and crew from acts of piracy, catastrophic accidents, natural disasters, or the loss of infrastructure resulting in down timeÂ â€“Â which hinders or suspends essential activitiesÂ â€“Â are just some of theÂ tasks confronting todayâ€™s maritime professional.
This interactive webcast featuring maritime experts Joseph Keefe (Maritime Professional) and Donald McKay (American Public University) will promote discussion, heighten awareness, and present solutions to these challenges faced by logisticians. These will include:
- Standards of Training and Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) Compliance
- Cost-Effective education of the entire maritime workforce
- Utilizing technology to more effectively deliver content
- Optimizing operational efficiency while minimizing vulnerability
For all maritime professionals, and all those interested in learning more about this profession, reserve your spot today and register to attend this live webcast event.
Posted in Explore New Careers
Posted on 03 January 2011.
Nurses for Change
How to Improve Health Care by Empowering Nurses
Thursday, January 13, 2011 – 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. ET
Join American Public University next week for this live webcast that will discuss the importance of the nursing profession and how to improve its workforce.
In this interactive discussion, industry experts Elaine Keavney (American Public University) and Luda Lobodzinskiy (Multicare Health System), will discuss the advancements in the nursing field as well recommendations. Some of the recommendations for discussion include:
- Removing scope-of-practice barriers
- Implementing nurse residency programs
- Increasing the proportion of nurses with B.S.N. degree to 80% by 2020
- Expanding opportunities for nurses to lead and diffuse collaborative improvement efforts
- Preparing and enabling nurses to lead change to advance health
Register today to save your spot for this special webcast event.
Posted in Explore New Careers
Posted on 26 November 2010.
Live Webcast -Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11 am – 12:15 pm ET
In this interactive discussion, industry experts Victor Deyglio (The Logistics Institute) and Irvin Varkonyi (American Public University), will present solutions to the challenges faced by logisticians. These will include:
- Building a competent labor market to sustain competitive global leadership
- Hiring a skilled workforce for new economies based on the flow of goods, money, and information
- Producing competitive bench strength through a competent workforce
- Developing competency-based careers
Following the presentation, join us for a question and answer session with the speakers.
Can’t make the live event? Register now to receive a link to the recording 3-5 days after the live webcast.
Posted in Explore New Careers, Making Connections